Sunny Central Florida Welcomes The Newest Tiny House Inspired Community
Simple Life creates and operates small cottage home communities throughout the Southeastern US with private amenities for people who value living life over maintaining things. Founded in 2015, The Resource Group, a land development, and homebuilding company realized there was a significant gap in options for affordable, low maintenance homes for people wanting an amenity-rich community lifestyle. They went to work to conceptualize and develop a new kind of housing choice, partly fueled by the tiny home movement and demand for smaller, more efficient living without sacrificing home features and an active lifestyle. With these ingredients and inspiration, Simple Life in Flat Rock, NC was born. As 2020 begins we are pleased to announce the opening of our newest Simple Life community in sunny Central Florida!
The community, Lakeshore, provides lifestyle community amenities and a collection of 1 and 2-bedroom small cottages for sale that can be customized to meet individual needs. In Lakeshore (as in Flat Rock), you own your home, and avoid the cost and burden of land ownership, with flexible lifestyle and homesite lease packages designed to give you the freedom to live more of life. Unlike restrictive land leases, Simple Life offers fully flexible land leases so you can stay for a year, or for decades. Your land lease ends when you sell your home – on your own terms.
- An outdoor pool
- A fitness facility
- A yoga studio
- A spa
- An open-air pavilion
- A dog park
- A bocce ball court
- A pickleball court
- Walking trails around Lake Andrew
- Complimentary shuttle service
As for Sumter County, the area has dozens of lakes, rivers, forests, national preserves, and state, county and local parks connected by long winding roads through scenic farms and ranches. It is truly the ‘real Florida’ with abundant opportunities for outdoor relaxation and recreation without the crowds and expensive rates of the rest of the state.
- STATE FISH HATCHERY – The Florida Bass Conservation Center is at the site of the old Richloam Hatchery and is the major freshwater fish production hatchery in the state of Florida, supplying fish such as largemouth bass, crappie, catfish, bream, triploid grass carp, striped bass, and sunshine bass.
- FLORIDA NATIONAL CEMETERY – On the outskirts of town along winding County Road 476B, a side road pierces the Withlacoochee State Forest, disappears through a canopy of oaks, and re-emerges into the solitude of the Florida National Cemetery. Established on June 1, 1988, this silent place is the second-most active cemetery in the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs’ National Cemetery Administration.
- BIRDING AND BIKING TRAILS – Whether wheeling or walking, Sumter County has countless wildlife-filled trails for your outdoor enjoyment.
- THE GREEN SWAMP – The Green Swamp Wilderness Preserve is cherished for its exquisite scenic beauty and is an ideal place to experience natural Florida. Footpaths and trails abound in the Preserve for extensive hiking and the Florida National Scenic Trail bisects the area.
- SUMTER COUNTY FAIRGROUNDS – The Sumter County Fairgrounds is becoming one of the most popular event locations in the area. Besides the fun Sumter County Fair in March, it is host year-round to a wide variety of events including one of the largest auto swap meets in Florida, horse shows, concerts and other events you might expect in an outdoor setting.
Sumter County is also home to The Villages, ranked the fastest growing MSA in the country for the fourth year in a row by the U.S. Census Bureau. The Villages provides easy access to fine dining, shopping, top-notch medical facilities, services, and entertainment.
Life at Lakeshore is everything Central Florida is known for. It promises a relaxed small cottage home lifestyle in a quaint and friendly community of 223 homes, including one for you!