Simple Lemon Pasta Recipe … Simple PleasuresApril 21, 2020 - Updated April 29, 2022 Comfort food. Family recipes. Breaking bread. Food has always been an important part of what makes a home. Meals shared together with family and friends (even now, virtually across the miles) mean more than ever. They give us reasons to connect, share stories and mark the rhythms of daily life. And kitchens really are the heart of every home. Simple Life’s small cottage homes pack a lot of kitchen into smaller spaces. While we have all been spending more time at home and re-evaluating what we need in life, these kitchens are great examples of how chefs, from the-every-day to the-most-adventurous-among-us can thrive in these well-designed spaces. If you’re like most of us, you’ve recently been experimenting with new recipes or twists on old favorites. Maybe you’ve discovered “pantry cooking” with fewer, simpler ingredients on hand, surprising yourself with the results. Here’s an easy recipe we just discovered– with just 5 ingredients, it’s simple easy cooking at its best.
Simple Lemon Pasta RecipeCreamy Lemon Pasta (courtesy of New York Times Cooking) INGREDIENTS:
- 12 ounces of wide egg noodles (or any other favorite pasta)
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons; zest cut in very thin strips, 1-inch long
- 1 cup heavy cream (or milk if that’s all you have)
- Salt to taste
- Lots of freshly ground black pepper
- Cook noodles until tender
- Just before noodles are done, in a small saucepan combine the lemon zest, cream, salt, pepper and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes or until cream comes to a boil.
- Pour cream mixture over drained noodles and add the lemon juice. Stir to coat. Cook over medium heat 1-2 minutes until the liquid is absorbed. Season with additional pepper.
- BONUS IDEA: If you have leftover chicken, cut into pieces and stir in, covering with the same for a Lemon Chicken Pasta dinner to remember.