Marie Kondo Has the World Searching for JOY Which Really is Translating to Living a Simple Life
Simple Life Property Manager, “we are all perfect examples of what Marie Kondo demonstrates. Except I’m pretty sure we were doing it before she made it popular.” Gaines and other Simple Life neighbors giggle now at the idea of being hesitant about parting with “stuff” but after more than a year living in a tiny home, they wouldn’t have it any other way.
“Our Simple Life residents come in with plenty of questions and concerns about storage and space,” said Jacque Coots, Simple Life Manager of Sales, “it’s only natural when most of our homeowners are downsizing from a 2,000-4,000 square foot home. We explain that extra storage space can be found in our outdoor sheds, the spacious lofts, behind barn doors, above cabinets, shelves, and other creative ways. But the best examples really come from our current Simple Life residents.”
Kondo has a cult-like following of men and women alike who swear by her decluttering methods and the call themselves Konverts. Simple Life residents are just as passionate about their way of life – and for the rest of this article, let’s just give them a name of Simple Life-ease obviously focusing on the ease. From the moment Simple Life-ease walk through the door of their tiny home they have everything they need.
- A generously sized family room with carefully thought through wall space for floating shelves, television and wall art
- A kitchen that rivals most apartments and condos filled with cabinets, full-sized appliances and plenty of storage
- Many tiny homes have flex space that residents use as an office, additional storage, craft corner or get creative
- Bedroom (both 1 and 2 bedroom options) with closet space and room for dresser and nightstands if they’re not already built-in
- A bathroom with beautiful finishes and storage that will accommodate linens, toiletries and more
Keep in mind that every tiny home can be customized to maximize the functionality of how you live. Again, it’s simple. While Americans are working room by room, closet by closet, cabinet by cabinet to Kondo their homes – our Simple Life-ease are already living a life filled with joy in their tiny homes surrounded by only the things that make them happy!