Discover Flavors of the World Without Leaving Home
For most of us, some of the best travel memories include discovering the flavors and culture of a new destination. Enjoying those foods in the comfort of our own kitchen can transport us to new destinations without ever leaving home. Lately, with travel being restricted and healthy living such a focus, one of the most popular dishes from our northernmost state offers a fresh healthy alternative.
The cold waters of Alaska are home to some of the world’s best salmon. It’s one of the healthiest foods, especially for the brain and memory, and is surprisingly easy to make. Staying home has encouraged many of us to enjoy our kitchens like never before. This simple salmon recipe, shared by Chef Wes Choy from the Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge, will let you enjoy healthy food for your brain, can be made in under 30 minutes, and it may just transport you to the wide-open healthy spaces and glacier-fresh air of Alaska.
Chef Wes’ Butter Poached Salmon Fillet
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10-15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- 4 x 6-8oz Salmon Fillets, skin-off
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 4 tablespoons total of a minced parsley and dill
- 4 peeled Garlic Cloves
- ¼ cup White Wine
- 1 whole lemon, cut in half
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Season both sides of the Salmon Fillets with the salt and pepper and then drizzle the olive oil onto the salmon. Set the salmon aside at room temperature
- Place the butter and the garlic in a sauté pan just large enough to fit the salmon. Heat the pan for about 5 minutes on medium heat just until the butter melts and the garlic begins to sizzle
- Add the Parsley & Dill mixture into the butter, then add the White Wine into the butter
- Add the salmon to the pan. Spoon the butter mixture onto each salmon fillet to coat in butter & herbs
- Place the entire pan uncovered into the oven
- Roast 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillet and the degree of doneness you prefer
- When the salmon is done to your preference, remove the pan from the oven
- Spoon a little of the butter in the pan over each salmon fillet
Community and home matter more than ever, and our team at Simple Life is ready to help you find the home that’s perfect for you.
You may have explored our new homes virtually – now we are open for home showings and guided community tours by appointment. We can’t wait to show you around! Please call in advance so we can share our safety procedures with you and do our best to accommodate you while we are only able to accept a few appointments a day.